Sunday, 6 January 2013

Farmhouse Sweet Loaf

Farmhouse Sweet Loaf
7 days!!!

In 7 short days I will be going from 22 years old to 23 years old.

It has come around to quickly after Christmas, It always does.

Before the festive period I felt svelte...er. So I feel as though I've gone from beach babe (not quite but I was almost there) to beach ball!

Not good.

And that sugar craving certainly hasn't left me alone. If anything it's worse.

You know, like that little gremlin from the Benylin Cough Advert, just clinging on after the yuletide binge.

So with the want for sugar still high on my agenda (voluntary or not) I was in the mood to bake.

With that I decided to bake something mildly healthy.

Yup, that's right. No frosting, No chocolate, No sprinkles.

Health all the way . . . . Well sort of.

This farmhouse sweet loaf certainly quietened my need for a sugar rush for a while.

It was sweet, but not overly.

The juicy fruits were actually heaven sent after a month of chocolate covered caramels for breakfast, lucn and dinner.

On top of that you get an amazing crisp, crunch from the muesli.

This loaf is so moist and tender, with a crisp bread-like crust on top and it's utterly moreish. Plus it's healthy so you can have double servings without the guilt you get from eating 2 (or 4) slices of chocolate cake.

Trust me you're going to love it.

Hopefully a few more slices will remove me from the Christmas bloated feeling I've had the last few day so that I feel fabulous come my birthday (that's the 12th of January if you wanted to know)

Farmhouse Sweet Loaf


Ingredients:

125g / 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Butter
135g / 2/3 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
50g / 1/3 Cup Dried Apricots (chopped)
50g / 1/4 Cup Dried Prunes (chopped)
50g / 1/2 Cup Walnuts (Chopped)
100g / 1 1/4 Cup Muesli
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
125g / 1 Cup Self-Raising Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder

Method:

Preheat your oven to 190c / 375f and grease and line a 1 litre loaf tin.

In a large mixing bowl beat together your butter and sugar till it is light and fluffy.

Then add you eggs, 1 at a time. Mixing until well combined.

Now stir in your Almond, Chopped dried fruits, walnuts and museli. Mix well.

Then add the self-raising flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix till just combined.

Pour the mixture into your lined tin and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.

Allow to cool fully before enjoying

17 comments:

  1. Hi Tash, I saw your blog on Pinterest. My passion lies with baking as well, unfortunately I have little mouths to feed therefore I'm forced to make 'real' food, anywho, I host a Grow Your Blog Link Party on Thursdays if you're interested in expanding and meeting new followers. Here's my link, the party goes live at 6 a.m. every Thursday.
    http://www.callmepmc.com/
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster award!Check my blog for the questions and please link back with your answers!

    www.dreamingisbelievingreally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I also nominated you for the award! My questions are on my blog
    http://www.cookinforthesevendwarfs.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-nomination-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dammit and I was going to nominate you aswell Haha

      Delete
  4. Love the addition of Muesli in the bread. Would love for you to share on Thursdays Treasures http://fooddonelight.com/thursdas-treasures-week-67/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :D I'll definitely pop by on thursday

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking up at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's! I know just what you mean about that sugar craving! It is driving me mad! How am I supposed to loose 10 lbs by may if all I want to eat are Cookies?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah god yup that sounds like me the last 8 days luckily after a couple false starts today I seemed to have cracked the not having sugar thing. However tommorow is another day haha

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday!
    This quick bread looks great! Love the apricots in it. I've been in an apricot mood recently... Thanks so much for linking up at Two-Cup Tuesday! See ya again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Yup I'll definitely be popping back next week

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a tasty, hearty bread. I would definitely have a slice, or two or three, for breakfast or a snack. Have a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mildly healthy sure looks good! Love the fruits and nuts in there, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does taste fantastic, makes a nice change from chocolate aswell

      Delete
  9. What a great recipe! I bet this is great with coffee in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, looks incredible!

    Chloe
    http://rainbowsandhoneysuckle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete